Sunday, July 12, 2009

We made it!

We are here in India! We are safe, tired and glad to be here....all details and fun stuff to come!

10 comments:

  1. I am praying for you today, that your adjustment will go well and that you will have strength. I hope your luggage catches up with you soon, if it hasn't already.

    Praise God you all got there.

    Angie Alden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo Hoooo!

    Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News! Praise the Lord, God is at work already.
    Thanks for your work on the blog Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Presbyterian is praying for you this morning. We are so happy you have made it safe and sound. We will pray that God will use you in a mighty way over this week. In Christ, Pastor Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. John 14:27 (New International Version)
    27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

    God is in control. Praise the Lord!
    We love you guys!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our prayers are with you all. So glad you made it safely. Thank you for the updates, it is wonderful to hear from you!
    LeSieur's

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many are praying for you. So many asked about you guys at church today. I pray you had a restful night and that you all are renewed this morning in a way only God can do--
    love you guys!-
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you guys are okay! I hope you can recover from all the excitment and get a good nights sleep. Praying that all goes well, and God's will be done on your trip. Stay safe
    Love allie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Guys! Hope all is going well in India! I am praying for all of u and that ur puppet ministry will soften the hearts of the children. Praying for all of u every day and night. I'm sure it's an awesome eye-opening experience...like laura said! So good to hear updates on what's going on with all of u and ur mission work!

    Love, The 2 Rieke Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. After hearing nothing since Sunday morning, Rachel called at 4 this morning and couldn't figure out why I wasn't as chipper as she was...I don't think she understood that there's nothing quite like being awakened at 4 a.m. when your child, whom you haven't heard from for days is halfway around the world! Nevertheless, I was thrilled to hear her voice! She said the blog is being updated every day...I told her mine wasn't. But she also said the internet is extremely slow there so....
    She is still reeling with the sights and smells of India. And loving every minute of it. Some of her first impressions were of course the smell, which she thought was just the airport, but no, it's India; The many people, carrying baskets on their heads and taking lots of pictures of our team; A family of five all riding on one motorbike; Public toilets in the ground; and No clean water—anywhere. I think her biggest trauma occurred when she realized that the status of cows. Cattle, cattle, everywhere, and not a steak to eat! I think she missed that meeting. (Now you know why we sent you off with a steak dinner, Rachel.) She is surviving on chicken sausage, though. She has developed a new respect for hotel housekeeping in America, too. From the sounds of things, the biggest impact has come from the children of India. She is in love with them, and it sounds like it’s a mutual thing. No surprise...she has a little sister that thinks the world of her. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to bring a few home in her suitcase. The team had to revise some of their puppet shows so the children would understand, which speaks to our kids' creative genius...not that I'm biased....
    Now for some news for Rachel: We are missing you very much, but we are coping. Sunday, we went shooting and 4-wheeling—Aaron is driving now, so you may have to fight him for the keys. Gracie asks about her Sissy every day and has decided that she has two sisters—you and Jenny. I tried to save you a Reuben last night, but your brothers got ugly, so I just threw it at them and ran for my life. Sorry. We love you and are very proud of you all. And remember, there's a freezer full of beef waiting for you...if I can keep your brothers out of it! Talk to you soon—I hope! Love, Your biggest Fan (Mom)

    Rebecca O

    ReplyDelete